Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Back to Reality

Hmmm.... Where to start! It has been awhile since I have posted because well life has been CRAZY. Lets see it all started exactly 2 weeks ago when my parents had to put my childhood pet down because he was old have health issues. O yeah and that Wednesday morning I was told my Grandfather passed away and the funeral was going to be on Saturday. We had originally planned on leaving that Friday evening to go to Florida for our Cruise the following week. The time table was pushed up a day and Wednesday was spent taking care of errands that were originally spread over 2 days. That was a hectic day.



We left for Florida on Thursday evening and had a cat get sick all over the back seat of the car. We had to pull in to a rest area and get wet paper towels to clean up the whole back seat. Mmmm... nothing like driving in a car for 2 hours with the smell of warm, wet catfood. We finally made it to my parent's house about 11:00 pm.



The funeral was on Saturday morning and it was not as sad as I thought it was going to be because everyone knew he was in a much better place. We called Timmy boy to congratulate him on his time at snickers. Then I find out that my other set of grandparents have been hit hard by the economy and are going to have to sell their house and property. That upset me because I have a lot of fond memories there and cannot imagine them living anywhere else.



Finally time for some fun on Sunday mixed in with the madness. Stefanie and I went to the Strawberry festival and just enjoyed the day and tried to forget about everything else going on in our lives. We had fun at the festival.



Woo Hoo it is now Monday and it is cruisin time. We went on a 5 day cruise to Cozumel, Mexico and Grand Cayman. During the week Stefanie and I ran 4.5 miles in Grand Cayman. We paid for a taxi to take us to 7 mile beach and then we ran back to the port. When we were in Cozumel we went to paradise beach and spent the day in the sun. We jumped on water trampolines, kayaked, and climbed on giant water rock walls.



Boo the cruise is now over and it is Saturday and back to the madness. To be honest we were ready for the cruise to be over and ready to get back to our routines but not ready to go back to work. Stefanie's step mom picked us up at the port on Saturday morning and greeted us by saying her grandfather was admitted to the Psych ward at the VA hospital (he has Alzheimer's). So we went to the hospital to see him. Then when we were done in Tampa we went back to my house in Ocala to find my parents had a new cat (or so it appeared). I asked my mom about it and she told me that it was my aunt Jerri's cat. My aunt had surgery about 2 weeks ago and apparently the scar did not heal and got severely infected. She had to be rushed to the hospital while we were gone and almost died. Before the doctors would let her go home she had to find a place for her cat. My parents picked her cat up and are not cat sitting until my aunt gets better.



Needless to say it is now exactly two weeks later and my life is just starting to get back to normal. Laundry is caught up and almost all of the chores that were neglected while on vacation are done.



I ran yesterday and boy did that not go well. I ran very slow and to top it all off my foot hurts today. Hey I suppose if push came to shove I could be a wheel chair racer. Just Kidding!!!!

Well Warner Robins is safe once again because Batman has returned. Speaking of which did the commissioner install the new signal while I was away? O well I suppose a few more days of rest is ok. Time to go and look for new adventures and invent new gadgets. Batman OUT!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad to see yall are back and had a great cruise. Cant wait to see the pictures.