Monday, February 23, 2009

North Pole?!?!?!?!?!

So yes as Stefanie previously pointed out I ran a good 5K on Saturday and I finished in 33:43. Woo Hoo for me. One day I will let the wifey catch me but until then..... TRAIN HARDER!!!!!! :) That was all I ran this weekend.....Or was IT!!!!!!! On our way out to lunch yesterday my phone when RING RING. I looked down and it was Timmay! I said hmmm... must be that time. FLASHBACK..... (Waynes World Flash Back Noise) The day before we had volunteered to help him run since he was training for snickers and needed to get in close to 20 Miles. Well I am not built for 20 (Yet... and No I will not do a marathon soon Tim) so we said we would do about 7 or so with him. Anyways enough of a flash back...FLASHFORWARD! Once the bat signal was received Stefanie and I hopped into action and within 15 minutes we were out the door dressed in spandex and had our bat belts ready to go (read the title of the Blog... I am a NERD so stop thinking it). We went and had lunch and then met Tim in downtown Macon.

Had I known what I was getting into (don't you love HindSight) I would have said hmmmm... "You are Nuts!". Oh.. wait I did say that many times. Anyways yes... the indian mounds are as previously described by Stefanie. Hill after Hill after Hill. WAIT change the "i" to an "e" and you have the appropriate word. It is a very beautiful place and I would love to go back when I am recovered but yesterday was rough after having run hard the day before and so I had a huge mental block to overcome but I did. Way to go on your 14 miles yesterday Tim.

Now to the title of this post!!!! SOOOOO.. after so much running I was afraid of waking up and not being able to move because of sore muscles. I tried to cut the soreness off at the pass by putting biofreeze on. Well let me tell you biofreeze + cold weather = North Pole! I put biofreeze on the inside of my knees, front of my thighs, and on my shoulders and well needless to say I felt like I was a part of the Polar Bear Club ( you know those nuts that swim in the arctic)! I laid in bed and shivered and chattered my teeth for about 15 minutes before starting to warm up from the biofreeze. LESSON LEARNED!!! Never use biofreeze in the cold. Stefanie spent the night laughing at me because I was stuttering like crazy when I talked because I was so cold. In the end it was all worth it. We were able to help a friend in need and plus get in a few extra (7) miles. OMG ... what was I thinking!!!!! Anyways time to return to the bat cave and keep an eye out for bad runners everywhere!!!


P.S.- Tim the bat signal is temporarily broken sorry bud, but no batnerd to the rescue for a few. Parts are on back order!!

2 comments:

Stefanie said...

You are such a nerd but I love you.

Good job on the race and then running 7 miles the next day. You were a total trooper. I am way impressed by your bat running skills.

Will the bat signal be fixed by this weekend? LOL

Unknown said...

Batman, Commissioner Gordon called and said the Joker is in town and left a riddle: What has PR on a hilly course and then goes and runs 7 more hilly millys, you.