Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Exercies = Fun ( I Think )!!

So if you have not heard I ran my first race on Saturday!!! Much less I went for the 12K instead of the 5K. I must be mentally unstable to start at the 12K right? No, it actually was not that bad I had fun running it with my bud Tim. I would also like to take this time to give a special shout out to Mandy!!! She was a real trooper on Saturday and came out to the race even though she was sick. She said the only reason she came was because it was my first race. That means a lot Ms. Mandy ( I hope Tim relays the message). I ran the full 12K in 1:22:04 which I was extremely happy with. It is always fun running with Tim and Stefanie. Unfortunately I was seperated from Stefanie due to the large crowds. Thanks for running with me Tim!!!

Oh I suppose I should say that I am officially 25 now. My birthday was Sunday. Since Mandy was feeling better Tim and Mandy joined me for a birthday celebration at Outback. Of course they had to take the opportunity to embarrass me an have the staff sing happy birthday. Just remember that I do not forget things so I will get even at some point ( you can ask Stefanie ). :)
They brought me a present ( which they did not have to do ) and I really enjoyed it. It was pictures of me from Saturday crossing the finish line and it meant a lot to me. I am really proud of Tim for trying weight watchers so get lean and mean for his wife. Way to to Timmy!!!! Oh... I suppose I should talk about my wife a little too. She is sooooo totally awesome because she said I could go ahead and get a new grill! Partly because she loves grilled food, but who cares about the reason I was still able to get a new GRILL!!! So I decided to get a mack daddy grill and I got the Weber Genesis E-310. It is soooo totally worth the money and it is a really really good grill ( Tears of Joy ). That was my weekend in a nutshell now to go off subject.

I have convinced Stefanie to try and 16 week ab program with me. It is free and I said what the heck it is worth a shot and at the very least we are still getting a workout. It is from www.iwantsixpackabs.com so I will keep everyone updated on how it is going and I might even recommend it to everyone ( only if it is effective ). So hopefully this nerd can lose a keg and gain a six pack ( well lets be realistic maybe a 2 pack for starters ). Thus ends this rant from Nerd on the Run!!!!!!

1 comment:

Stefanie said...

exercises do not equal fun. I think this new program is trying to kill me. :)